Sustainability is important to us as individuals and as a business.
At Blackbird & Fox we aim to minimise our carbon footprint by:
- Encouraging 'buy well, buy once' as a method of consumption - we do not sell novelty items or 'seasonal landfill' and instead carefully research and select long-lasting, quality wares
- Promoting the use of re-usable products, and minimising the use of single use plastics in our practices and stock offering
- Promoting products made from recycled materials, or from sustainably sourced natural materials
- Minimising the miles products travel to us by selecting locally made products where possible
- Prioritising working with suppliers who boast sound environmental credentials and share our sustainability ethos
- Reducing waste to landfill by recycling as much material as possible (we don't EVER buy bubble wrap, so if you see it in your delivery, rest-assured it's been recycled from an incoming delivery. If you can't re-use it, please recycle it in your local soft-plastics collection!)
- Re-using. ie. All staff are equipped with a re-usable drink bottle and coffee-cup, incoming delivery packaging is re-used for outgoing parcels, used candle jars are now a cool way to store our small stationery items and empty wrapping paper rolls go direct to our local childcare for craft activities!
- Choosing sustainable options such as recycled printer paper, refillable containers, purchasing green-energy supply etc
We're not yet perfect, but we aim to improve! If you have any suggestions, please let us know!