Fabric Face Masks do not offer the same level of protection as surgical mask or N95 masks, but they can assist in reducing disease transmission by helping to prevent face-touching and minimising respiratory droplet spray.
These close-fitting, dual-layered masks are available in three sizes:
Small: recommended for children aged 3-12 years
Medium: suitable for most women
Large: suitable for most most men
The solid coloured masks (Grey & Black) are made with: a 100% cotton exterior mask (300gms) and a 100% cotton inner layer.
The printed (patterned) masks are made with: a 100% cotton exterior mask (275-300gms) and a soft viscose/lycra blend inner layer for comfort.
All Design Team Face Masks feature:
- Side opening where you can insert an additional (third) layer if desired (such as tightly woven sheeting or quilting type fabric)
- Adjustable cotton-blend ties for a secure fit
- Machine washable (we recommend use of a lingerie bag to protect your mask and prevent tangles and pulled straps in the washing machine) - simply use hot water and detergent. A hot iron may also assist in disinfecting.
- Handmade in South Africa by Design Team, supporting township communities through training and ongoing employment opportunities, plus a percentage of sales.
Tips for wearing:
- Ensure your mask covers your mouth and nose.
- Tie it behind your head or ears, ensuring a snug fit.
- Avoid touching your mask while wearing it.
- If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitise your hands.
- Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
- Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
- Regularly wash your mask with detergent and hot water (after each use, if possible).
- Don't put masks on anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious or otherwise unable to remove the mask without help.
- Don't put masks on children under 2 years of age, and ensure children are always under competent adult supervision when wearing masks.
- Remember, face masks are an addition to (not a substitute for) other preventative measures such as social distancing and frequent hand-washing.
FOR OBVIOUS HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS, THERE ARE NO CHANGE OF MIND EXCHANGES ON ANY FACE MASKS.