We are still looking for a new casual Retail Assistant to join our team!
This position is ideal for a mature-minded and reliable university student, due to flexibility regarding weekdays worked (depending on each Semester’s roster) and the opportunity for increased hours during university holidays, including up-to full time hours during December.
This is an on-going casual position, offering 2 days work per week (including weekend work). Typically, your roster will be one full weekday (flexible, dependent on your Semester's timetabling) and one weekend day (rotating, to ensure all staff have the opportunity to earn Sunday rates etc). Many of our team have worked with us for several years at a stretch, and we would love to welcome a new team member who will be with us for the 'long-run'. Preference will be given to candidates who are open to a long-term relationship (ie. not seeking a full-time graduate position within the next 6 months).
• Retail Assistant Level 3, Industry Award Casual Rate (Dependent on age, adult pay commences at $26.10 per hour on weekdays)
• Superannuation at prescribed rates
• Staff discount
• Securely opening and closing the premises
• Assisting and providing information to customers
• Making sales via cash, EFT and credit card facilities
• Use of computerised POS system for sales, returns, processing online orders etc.
• Gift-wrapping (to a high standard of neatness and attractiveness!)
• Receiving deliveries - unpacking, checking against invoice etc.
• Restocking shelves and displays as required
• Light cleaning duties such as sweeping, dusting, mopping
• Post Office and coffee-runs!
Required experience/ skills:
• Previous retail sales experience in an unsupervised / open-close position
• Clearly spoken and written English, excellent communication skills
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail in all areas
• High degree of competency in gift wrapping
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude to working alongside others
• Strong computing skills
• Honesty in all dealings
• Punctual and reliable manner
• Clean and well groomed personal presentation
• That you have read this advertisement in full and have applied in good faith, believing yourself to have all the required experience and skills, and are available to fulfil the requirements of the position.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the previous experience/skills required, or cannot work the stated hours/workload.
Please note that a minimum of two telephone references and a Police Check may be required at interview stage.
Please email an introductory cover letter and relevant CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Tuesday 22nd May 2018.
Please do not visit the store in-person, call the store or post in your application. Only applications received via email will be considered.
Please note that previous applicants need not re-apply for this position. Thank you for your understanding!